Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Trying out yoga!

Now that Insanity is over I am trying to do an overhaul on my workout routine.  Trying all sorts of new activities and exercises to figure out what works best for me.  I work at a health club and really have no excuses since most classes are free for me to take.  It is a pretty nice perk to the job, free gym membership and a great facility to work out in!

This morning I decided to try out yoga with two of my friends (Cassandra and Shelby).  The class starts bright and early at 6am so I am able to get it done before work at 7:45!  I am an early to bed, early to rise kind of girl so I actually prefer morning classes compared to night ones. 
I was a little timid to try yoga at first as I really do not have much experience doing yoga at all.  I have done videos at home before, but honestly it is nothing like yoga in a class setting.  Once I got in there I felt a little more at ease as my friends are pretty new to the class too.  They only started to go last week. 

The class was difficult but it was also good for me.  I really think I could get into yoga if I keep going and keep up with it.  The instructor was really nice and complimented me on how strong I was (I will try not to let this go to my head but I was ecstatic when he said this).  He also was very helpful and did not mind that I was a beginner, in a not so beginner class.
Hopefully I can catch on to the yoga lingo, at the moment I only really know upward/downward dog.  I will get there slowly but surely.  I think I will make a goal of trying to fit yoga into my schedule at least 2 days a week!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday!  What did you do to work out today?
 
(Just a little motivation for everyone! I love this quote!)

1 comment:

  1. I too am getting in to yoga. It is amazing to me how hard it is to hold some positions. I have been going to 2 classes a week for the last three weeks and I can already see a difference. I love it! You should stick to it too. It is a challenge, but a fun one.

    ReplyDelete