Monday, April 30, 2012

Low-Calorie egg salad

This recipe is easy and delicious! With minimal ingredients you can be on your way to an amazing egg salad sandwich in no time at all!


Not Your Average Egg Salad



Ingredients:
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
  • 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp chives, chopped
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp reduced fat Hellmann's mayonnaise with olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Separate the yolks from the whites and throw away one egg yolk.  
  2. Chop the 2 egg whites and one yolk up and place in a bowl.
  3. Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chives, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
  4. Stir to combine.


*Yields 1 serving. ~9g protein and 115 calories.  

I usually serve it on one slice of multi-grain bread (80 calories) with lettuce, sprouts and tomato on top!  To amp up the protein I typically also eat this with a side of yogurt or cottage cheese.  Feel free to experiment with adding different spices and let me know how yours turns out!

Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. I have recently discovered a great way to "hard-boil" my eggs...use the oven!! The best part - no pot to clean up after :)
    You can find how to here...
    http://www.food.com/recipe/hard-cooked-eggs-in-the-oven-baked-eggs-61856

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fantastic!!! I am going to try this the next time I need to replenish my hard boiled eggs! Thank you for the tip!

      Delete