Friday, April 27, 2012

Get an accountability partner!

Having trouble staying on track? Find yourself an accountability partner!   Someone who you can call, text, email, etc. and tell them what you did to work out and how your eating went.  Do this daily.  This person can then in turn tell you about their day and you work together to motivate each other!

At the moment, my fiance is my accountability partner.  We keep tabs on each other daily.  Inquiring about what we did to work out and how we ate.  It really helps to have him around, it keeps me on track.  When I think about eating something bad for me I also think about how I would have to tell him I ate it.  This usually stops me from making bad decisions. It is also nice that I use him because we work out with each other on the weekends.  Motivating each other to go outside for a run/hike instead of just lounging around inside all day.  As much as I love having lazy time on the weekend, it is also nice to be active.

I also have a my fitness pal account and have added many friends on there.  MFP is a great place, with lots of motivated people willing to support you.  On MFP you can log your weight, food and workouts daily.  Others can see all of this and comment on things.  Supporting you throughout your weight loss journey! I have yet to find someone who is judgmental on there and just love the site.  Check it out!

Changing your lifestyle is hard, losing weight is hard but it is all totally worth it! Find yourself an accountability partner and get started on the right track today! You can do this, we all can do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment