Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Insanity Proatmeal

Okay ladies and gentlemen, this is by far my favorite breakfast of all time.  This oatmeal is extremely high in protein and fiber.  Plus it is insanely delicious and will keep you full all morning!  Even after finishing Insanity I am still enjoying it 4 times a week.  I usually prepare mine the night before because I enjoy it best cold.

Insanity Proatmeal:




Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup cooked oatmeal, prepared with water
  • 1 scoop of protein powder*
  • 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen berries**
  • 1-1/2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
  • Splash (1/4 cup) of skim, almond, rice, or soy milk
*I like to use a protein powder blend,  at the moment we have vanilla Forza Pro.
**I use a frozen mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries

Directions
  1. Cook oatmeal as directed on box.
  2. Add berries, protein powder, walnuts and your milk of choice.
  3. Mix together thoroughly.
  4. Refrigerate overnight if you prefer it chilled.
*Makes 1 serving.  Around 310 calories per serving.

Happy eating!


2 comments:

  1. I could eat this all day. yummm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete