Friday, April 20, 2012

My early birthday gift: new running shoes!

My new running shoes! Happy early birthday to me!


Ahhh!!! My new running shoes finally came in! For my birthday my fiance let me custom make a pare of Nike Lunarglide +3 shield running shoes. :]  I have been wearing Nike to run in for the past 2 years now and would never switch to another brand.  They always fit my feet like a glove and seem to give me the best support.  This is my first time trying the Lunarglide +3, I was wearing dual fushion st 2 but they have discontinued making new models of that shoe.

To celebrate my early gift I went on a nice long run.  This also allowed me to try out a new app I downloaded for my iPhone called mapmyrun. It worked pretty well, telling me at each mile I hit what my pace was, how long I had been running and how many miles I had ran.  At the end of your workout it also allows you to see your stats (I have posted mine below).  You can see this on your phone as well as online.  I may try another running app I downloaded called runkeeper to see which one I like better.  Anyone know of any other good apps to track your runs?



So my take on my shoes after my first run?  I love them, they fit my foot perfectly and gave me just the right amount of support.  It was like I was running on air the whole time.  This is a great shoe for running on pavement, when I got home I had no aches or pains at all!  I can't wait to use them again on Sunday.


1 comment:

  1. I have such a terrible time trying to find proper fitting shoes. I'm a ladies size 8 EE to EEE width, with a very high instep and narrow heel. I usually have to buy mens shoes because ladies shoes never fit right. :(

    ReplyDelete