Sunday, April 8, 2012

Do what you love!

"Dump your diet.  This isn't about the number on some scale, or a long list of shouldn'ts and couldn'ts. THIS IS ABOUT YOU. It's about feeling fit, strong, alive, getting a glow. It's about turning your back on sluggishness and starting fresh.  It is about oozing confidence. It's about radiance, zest and an abundance of old fashioned energy. It's about ditching laziness.  This is a look stunning, feel stunning, I've never felt so alive lifestyle. This is about FINALLY becoming who you were always meant to be: gorgeous, vibrant and unstoppable. You're gonna love it!" -Author unknown

Exercise doesn't have to be some grueling task.  Find something you love to do and do it!  As long as you are moving, you are working out and working towards a better healthier you.  Always remember, any progress is progress. :]

Recently, I have gotten into hiking. The longer the hike the better is what I say! The past 2 weekends we have went on 2 separate 4 hour hikes.  I love that you are getting an amazing workout and most of the time you aren't even realizing it! In 4 hours you can burn between 1400-2000 calories (depending on the type of hike you are on and how fast you are moving.)  Not only do I get to be out in nature and enjoying the San Diego sun but I get a good work out done while doing so.  Seems like a win-win situation to me!

(We climbed South and North Fortuna mountain in San Diego.  This was the view from on top of North Fortuna, the taller of the two.)

(Devin [my fiance] and I at the top of Iron Mountain in Poway, CA.)

I also tried out paddle boarding this weekend which was pretty fun.  It gave me a really good arms and abs workout! Especially, since the wind decided to pick up as soon as we got out in the water.  Making it 10 times harder.  Even before we went out the woman said oh you should have an easy time, it isn't windy today.  Little did she know the wind was just waiting for us.  haha I am not sure if I will go paddle boarding every weekend but it is a nice to have yet another activity to do that I enjoy.

Devin and I are going to continue being active on the weekends.  Trying out new things to find out what we like best.  Might as well, we have no excuse to stay inside since the weather is usually pretty nice here in San Diego!

Here's to staying healthy and having fun while doing so!

No comments:

Post a Comment